The goal of pretty much every business owner I’ve met is to have huge impact, make more money and connect more with their clients and future clients. I believe all of this can be done by having the right messaging in place and sharing it in the right ways. I believe that we each have something incredibly valuable to share, we just need the right tools to feel confident and poised to know how to speak with purpose and passion.
And, if you’re a business owner, you need to be the champion of your message above anyone else. Period.
Here are three reasons why you should start speaking up for your brand right this second:
- Everyone wants to here the story behind the brand and no one is more suited to share it than you. Author Simon Sinek calls this your “WHY.” It’s the reason behind your business, it’s why you do what you do. And, if you’re sharing it in an authentic way on camera, it’s your most powerful and compelling part of your brand. It’s what makes people care. It’s what creates loyalty.
- How to: Instead of focusing on what you do, try focusing on what you believe, how you create impact and what your vision is for your brand. You can practice this at a cocktail party, a networking event, or make it the subject of your next online video or blog. Try to really nail down your core beliefs and articulate them in a way that’s easy for people to understand.
- The celebrity factor. Using video & media to get your message out to the world allows you to form powerful and long-lasting connections with your customers on a MASSIVE scale. I call it the celebrity-factor. Have you ever felt like you knew a favorite celebrity even though you’ve never met them? You can save time AND energy by leveraging the same principles in your business.
- How to: Start by making a video once a month that’s short— 2 to 3 minutes – and make sure it focuses on what your clients want. You can answer the most common questions you get asked (one at a time) or talk about the core beliefs of your business and why it’s different. Be authentic and keep it concise. Try to keep it to one subject at a time & always leave the audience wanting more. Practicing online videos will also help you be more comfortable in media interviews.
- Connect with your audience in a whole new way. Using online video on your website and blog opens the door to a continuously growing online market that is willing to share your message with friends and family. Over 2 BILLION videos are viewed on YouTube everyday! Becoming the expert in your field gives you instant credibility. And guess what? Media outlets DEPEND on industry personalities & experts like YOU!
- How to: Become a source for knowledge. Keep up on trends, share articles with your clients, write and do video blogs where you share your opinion and offer valuable insights about your industry. When you can discuss what you do with confidence, clarity and relevance, you can easily position yourself as the go-to resource. And more publicity & online community equals more money in the bank.
And now, with more ways than ever to share a message with a worldwide audience, the question isn’t why would you consider this, it’s what are you missing out on if you don’t.
Please, make a commitment in 2018 to focus on what you want to stand for and how you want to make more impact with your words. The world will be better for it.